The pilot is composed of four hydrogen production plants demonstrating different hydrogen production pathways located throughout Europe. Please find below more detailed information.
Air Liquide – SMR Port Jerome – France
The pilot plant by Air Liquide produces Low Carbon hydrogen using steam methane reforming with a Carbon Capture unit or Green Hydrogen using BioMethane as feed gas.
• H2 production capacity: ~4500 kg/h
• H2 utilisation: Refining Industry, Merchant
• CO2 utilisations: Food industry, Water treatment PH control, Green houses.
The pilot demonstration by Nouryon and Air Products uses a chlor alkali process to produce Green Hydrogen in Rotterdam Botlek.
• Chlor-Alkali plant, 200 MW
• H2 Production capacity: 18 kt p.a.
• H2 utilisation:
• Delivery to Air Products
• Use in steam generation
Colruyt Group – Hydrogen by water electrolysis – Belgium
• H2 production capacity: 8 kg/h I PEM (3 kg/h) + Alkaline (5 kg/h)
• Storage: 85 kg
• Fuel Cell: 120 kW
Uniper – Windgas Falkenhagen – Germany
• H2 production capacity: 32 kg/h
• H2 utilisation: 19 kg/h
• CO2 (biogenic) utilisation: 104 kg/h
• SNG1 production capacity: 41 kg/h