Global demand for hydrogen is foreseen to reach 50 Million tons by 2025 mainly used in industry and transport. It is predicted to grow by 3,5% per year. Today most hydrogen is produced from fossil resources. For hydrogen to become a climate-friendly alternative to fossil fuels, it is necessary to ensure minimal impact on natural resources in the whole life cycle. It is expected that 50-60% of all hydrogen for the growing market of transportation will originate from renewable or low-carbon sources by 2030.
Advantages of the first GO scheme for Premium Hydrogen:
• EU-wide transferability of Premium Hydrogen;
• EU-wide consumption of Premium Hydrogen;
• Transparency & consumer empowerment;
• Improving the business case and
• Creating market pull for Premium Hydrogen.
Benefits of an EU-wide Guarantee of Origin for Green Hydrogen